- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
LAMBRO: Obama could sink with capsizing economy
Boasting business background, Romney best positioned to capitalize
Question of the Day
Meantime, a little more than six months before the 2012 election year begins, the economy looms as Mr. Obama’s potential Waterloo.
The economic recovery, if there ever was one, is clearly losing ground. Punishing 9 percent to 10 percent unemployment rates show no sign of any significant decline this year or next, and one poll finds that 80 percent of recent college graduates are unable to find work. The stock market is tanking and with it, tens of millions of pension plans. Home sales continue to plunge along with home values.
If all this weren’t enough, CBO says that under Obamacare, “an aging population and rapidly rising health care costs will sharply increase federal spending for health care programs and Social Security,” causing “federal debt to grow to unsustainable levels.”
Donald Lambro is a syndicated columnist and former chief political correspondent for The Washington Times.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port