- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Minnesota Wild draft Mario Lucia in 2nd round
Question of the Day
ST. PAUL, MINN. (AP) - The first Minnnesotan taken in this year’s NHL draft went, fittingly, to the host team.
The Minnesota Wild traded their third and fourth-round picks Saturday to the Canucks, using Vancouver’s second-round pick, No. 60 overall, to select left wing Mario Lucia of Wayzata High School.
Lucia is the son of University of Minnesota head coach Don Lucia. The family stood and cheered along with dozens of Wild fans in attendance at Xcel Energy Center after the pick was announced.
Mario Lucia says he “couldn’t have written a better story than this.”
Steven Fogarty of Edina was drafted in the third round by the New York Rangers. Kyle Rau of Eden Prairie went later to the Florida Panthers.
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Inside the Beltway: Republican posse rides out to fire Harry Reid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq