- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
Hamilton pulls U-turn, says F1 chances alive
Question of the Day
VALENCIA, SPAIN (AP) - Lewis Hamilton performed a quick U-turn on his Formula One championship hopes a day after just about ruling them out.
The McLaren driver said "it's finished really, in the sense of the championship, it's almost over already" after finishing fourth in the European Grand Prix on Sunday.
But Hamilton, who had come under criticism recently, backtracked on his official Twitter page Monday saying: "My team will never give up & I WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!!!"
The 2008 champion trails F1 leader Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull by 89 points with 11 races left. Vettel has won six of eight GPs this season with Hamilton and teammate Jenson Button winning the other two.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- '50 Shades' movie trailer outrages anti-porn groups
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq