- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
Iranian filmmaker reportedly arrested in Tehran
PARIS (AP) - The Iranian reformist website Kaleme.com says Iranian filmmaker and women’s right activist Mahnaz Mohammadi has been arrested in Tehran.
She was taken into custody at her house by security agents on Sunday, according to the website, which is linked to opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi.
Mohammadi directed the film “Women Without Shadow,” and she contributed to a documentary by filmmaker Rakhsan Bani-Etemad about Iran’s disputed presidential election in 2009.
Mohammadi’s passport was confiscated to keep her from attending the Cannes film festive in May.
Speaking on the sidelines of a press event in Paris, Greek filmmaker Costa-Gavras said Monday he is worried about Mohammadi following her reported arrest.
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.