- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Meyer’s ‘Host’ heads to theaters in March 2013
LOS ANGELES (AP) - “Twilight” author Stephenie Meyer’s next big-screen project has a release date.
“The Host” stars Saoirse Ronan (“Hanna,” “The Lovely Bones”) in a story of one of the last holdouts against an invasion by entities that take over human minds while leaving their bodies intact.
Published in 2008, “The Host” is Meyer’s follow-up to her best-selling “Twilight” series, whose final book is being adapted in a two-part movie adaptation, the first installment debuting this November.
“The Host” is scheduled to begin shooting in Louisiana and New Mexico next February. Andrew Niccol (“Gattaca”) wrote the screenplay and is directing.
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again