- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
Attorneys say Mel Gibson’s divorce nearly done
LOS ANGELES (AP) - An attorney for Mel Gibson’s estranged wife says the former couple has nearly finalized their divorce.
Attorney Laura Wasser told a judge Tuesday that the pair have resolved all their issues and are doing some “final polishes” on the paperwork.
Wasser says the couple should have a judgment ready by Aug. 30.
Robyn Gibson filed for divorce in April 2009, just months before the Oscar winner’s then-girlfriend gave birth to an infant daughter. He indicated in court filings that the couple separated in 2006.
No details of how the couple’s assets will be divided was discussed Tuesday, and Wasser indicated those details would remain private. The former couple have seven children together, but only one who is under the age of 18.
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.