- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
CNN’s Jessica Yellin named White House reporter
NEW YORK (AP) - CNN has named Jessica Yellin as its new chief White House correspondent.
CNN Washington bureau chief Sam Feist (fyst) said Tuesday that Yellin's "assertiveness along with her clever insight" has set her apart as a political reporter.
Yellin has served as national political correspondent for CNN since January 2009. She joined the network as a Capitol Hill correspondent in August 2007.
Prior to CNN, Yellin was a White House correspondent for ABC News, where she began in 2003. Before that, she was an overnight anchor and correspondent for MSNBC.
In her new position, she replaces Ed Henry, who recently jumped to Fox News Channel.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- CPAC 2014: Straw poll signals Paul-Cruz showdown
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again