- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
2 year sentence for convicted Hilton trespasser
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A man convicted of attempting to burglarize Paris Hilton's home has been sentenced to two years in state prison.
City News Service reported that Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Kellogg also recommended during Wednesday's hearing that Nathan Lee Parada undergo mental health counseling.
A jury took less than an hour in April to convict the 32-year-old of felony attempted residential burglary for trying to break into Hilton's house in August.
The socialite testified during Parada's trial about being awoken early Aug. 24 to the sound of Parada banging on Hilton's window with a knife. Parada told a detective he planned to steal as much as he could carry and move to a deserted island.
His defense attorney argued that Parada had not taken antidepressant medication for days before his arrest.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- ISIL captured 52 U.S.-made howitzers; artillery weapons cost 500K each
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq