- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
- ‘127 Hours’ author Aron Lee Ralston, who amputated arm in canyon, arrested in Denver
- Men posing as cops break into home of former deputy
- Berkshire County eschews greenback for own currency — BerkShares
- Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
- Florida authorities ban autistic boy from owning therapeutic chickens
- Defendant in Lee Rigby machete murder trial: ‘I love al Qaeda’
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, ‘cherry-picked’ intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a ‘wealthy white men’ racist word
Mariners’ Bedard to DL with sprained knee
The Mariners selected catcher Jose Yepez from Triple-A Tacoma to take Bedard’s spot. The move is retroactive to June 28 and Bedard may just miss one start before he is eligible to come off the DL, depending on how Seattle uses its off days between now and the All-Star break. Seattle designed pitcher Chaz Roe for assignment to clear a spot on the 40-man roster for Yepez.
Bedard threw on Monday night against Atlanta, giving up three runs and four hits in seven innings of a 3-1 loss. Bedard entered that start with the best ERA in baseball over the previous two months and is 4-6 with a 3.00 ERA this season after missing all last year following shoulder surgery.
The latest injury continues his string of health problems since being acquired by Seattle before the 2008 season, although all his problems before now have been arm related. Bedard went 20 months between major league starts, missing the entire 2010 season. He also missed parts of the 2008 and ‘09 seasons with arm problems.
Yepez was hitting .296 in 28 games with the Rainiers.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Never apologetic. Never afraid. Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West joins Communities to bring tales from the biggest Foxhole of them all, the one inside the Beltway.
This column will cover anything that has anything remotely to do with the game of baseball, from the game itself to mid-summer trades to offseason moves.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow