- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Woman dies in Arlington parking garage fire
A 74-year-old Annandale woman was found dead Wednesday inside a burned car in an underground parking garage after she hit a wall and broke a natural gas line, causing a fire.
Arlington County police said Adele Lapinell was found at 8:30 a.m. in the 900 block of North Stafford Street when the fire department responded to a report of smoke coming from the building, Arlington police spokeswoman Detective Crystal Nosal said.
A preliminary investigation indicated the woman drove into a protective barrier around a natural gas line. Ms. Lapinell did not hit the gas line, but the collision with the barrier caused the car to catch fire.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blast of winter weather heads to D.C. area
- Va. attorney general vote recount, some by hand, to get started Dec. 16
- Wal-Mart opening its doors in D.C.
- Agreement in D.C. a tall order
- P.G. police ID man fatally shot after party
Latest Blog Entries
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on 'outdated' agencies
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
This column will cover anything that has anything remotely to do with the game of baseball, from the game itself to mid-summer trades to offseason moves.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Political satirist and Christian apologist Bob Siegel discusses religion and politics.
White House pets gone wild!