- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Tuning In to TV
Question of the Day
Javier Colon crowned winner of ‘The Voice’
Mr. Colon triumphed over three other finalists when the audience vote was announced on Wednesday’s live season finale, according to the Associated Press. He will receive a $100,000 prize and a recording contract.
A slim 2 percent margin separated Mr. Colon from second-place finisher, Dia Frampton, 23, of St. George, Utah, host Carson Daly said. The other finalists were Vicci Martinez, 26, of Tacoma, Wash., and Beverly McClellan, 41, of Virginia and Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
“Wow, thank you,” a stunned-looking Mr. Colon said as confetti rained down on him. “The three women behind me are absolutely awesome, and it was a pleasure to be here with them.”
“The Voice” featured pop stars Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton as “coaches” for the contestants. In a twist on the talent-show format, the contestants initially were picked sight unseen based on their voices.
Sam Donaldson’s ranch burning in N.M. fires
A wildfire burning on part of a southern New Mexico ranch owned by veteran newsman Sam Donaldson is forcing residents to evacuate, the Associated Press reports.
The fire nearly tripled in size over the day Tuesday to more than 43,000 acres Wednesday and is burning in steep terrain.
Lincoln County sheriff’s deputies and staff with the New Mexico Livestock Board are helping residents and their animals evacuate the Alamo Canyon area. Residents were advised the day before to be prepared to leave.
The wildfire is believed to have been caused by lightning.
‘Sex and the City’s‘ Cattrall making return to Broadway
Kim Cattrall soon will be sipping cocktails on a Broadway stage.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world