- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
Tuning In to TV
Javier Colon crowned winner of ‘The Voice’
Mr. Colon triumphed over three other finalists when the audience vote was announced on Wednesday’s live season finale, according to the Associated Press. He will receive a $100,000 prize and a recording contract.
A slim 2 percent margin separated Mr. Colon from second-place finisher, Dia Frampton, 23, of St. George, Utah, host Carson Daly said. The other finalists were Vicci Martinez, 26, of Tacoma, Wash., and Beverly McClellan, 41, of Virginia and Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
“Wow, thank you,” a stunned-looking Mr. Colon said as confetti rained down on him. “The three women behind me are absolutely awesome, and it was a pleasure to be here with them.”
“The Voice” featured pop stars Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton as “coaches” for the contestants. In a twist on the talent-show format, the contestants initially were picked sight unseen based on their voices.
Sam Donaldson’s ranch burning in N.M. fires
A wildfire burning on part of a southern New Mexico ranch owned by veteran newsman Sam Donaldson is forcing residents to evacuate, the Associated Press reports.
The fire nearly tripled in size over the day Tuesday to more than 43,000 acres Wednesday and is burning in steep terrain.
Lincoln County sheriff’s deputies and staff with the New Mexico Livestock Board are helping residents and their animals evacuate the Alamo Canyon area. Residents were advised the day before to be prepared to leave.
The wildfire is believed to have been caused by lightning.
‘Sex and the City’s‘ Cattrall making return to Broadway
Kim Cattrall soon will be sipping cocktails on a Broadway stage.
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- HARPER: 'Knockout game' not a myth to liberal Sharpton
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Pentagon may give recruits 'a shot to start over' after shameful social media posts
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
A collection of reader guest articles, thoughts and opinions by Communities writers and breaking news and information.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
White House pets gone wild!