- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
Tuning In to TV
Javier Colon crowned winner of ‘The Voice’
Mr. Colon triumphed over three other finalists when the audience vote was announced on Wednesday’s live season finale, according to the Associated Press. He will receive a $100,000 prize and a recording contract.
A slim 2 percent margin separated Mr. Colon from second-place finisher, Dia Frampton, 23, of St. George, Utah, host Carson Daly said. The other finalists were Vicci Martinez, 26, of Tacoma, Wash., and Beverly McClellan, 41, of Virginia and Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
“Wow, thank you,” a stunned-looking Mr. Colon said as confetti rained down on him. “The three women behind me are absolutely awesome, and it was a pleasure to be here with them.”
“The Voice” featured pop stars Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton as “coaches” for the contestants. In a twist on the talent-show format, the contestants initially were picked sight unseen based on their voices.
Sam Donaldson’s ranch burning in N.M. fires
A wildfire burning on part of a southern New Mexico ranch owned by veteran newsman Sam Donaldson is forcing residents to evacuate, the Associated Press reports.
The fire nearly tripled in size over the day Tuesday to more than 43,000 acres Wednesday and is burning in steep terrain.
Lincoln County sheriff’s deputies and staff with the New Mexico Livestock Board are helping residents and their animals evacuate the Alamo Canyon area. Residents were advised the day before to be prepared to leave.
The wildfire is believed to have been caused by lightning.
‘Sex and the City’s‘ Cattrall making return to Broadway
Kim Cattrall soon will be sipping cocktails on a Broadway stage.
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.