- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Veteran exec Little named CEO of newspaper group
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - The U.S. newspaper industry’s main trade group has named a veteran newspaper executive as its new CEO.
Caroline Little, who is 51, takes the role on Sept. 6. She succeeds John Sturm, who is retiring after heading the Newspaper Association of America for 16 years.
Little joins the organization as the Internet plays a greater role as a hub for information, entertainment and advertising. Newspapers’ main source of revenue, print advertising, has fallen because of the shift.
Little has most recently overseen the North American operations of Guardian News and Media Ltd. That includes online properties such as paidContent, a news service that covers the economics of news, video and other digital content.
She also has served as publisher and CEO for The Washington Post Co.’s digital operations.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors