- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Bruins up 4-0 in second period vs. Canucks
Question of the Day
Yep, they just announced a scoring change: It’s Mark Recchi’s goal, and an assist to Michael Ryder and Andrew Ference.
And it’s 2-0 Boston _ the first two-goal lead of the series.
The goal was credited to Peverley. We’ll see if that stands.
That’s how long it took the Canucks to win Game 2 in overtime on Saturday night, and that’s how long it took Boston to break a scoreless tie at the start of the second period in Game 3.
The Bruins won the faceoff to start the period and brought it into the Vancouver zone, and the puck came around to Andrew Ference at the point. His high slapshot beat Roberto Luongo and gave the Bruins a 1-0 lead.
Give the assists to Rich Peverley and David Krejci.
The time: 11 seconds into the second.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- 'Be a leader' Perry tells Obama to confront border crisis
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs