- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
Paulina Rubio wants to bar media from deposition
Question of the Day
MIAMI (AP) - Singer and actress Paulina Rubio wants the media barred from attending a deposition by her manager in a Miami breach contract lawsuit.
Rubio's lawyers are asking a judge to keep reporters out of Thursday's scheduled deposition by manager Marya Meyer. They say it would lead to a media circus and cast Rubio in a poor light. The judge is holding a hearing Thursday morning on the motion.
Rubio was sued in 2010 by Miami-based CMG Entertainment over her failure to show up at a concert in Tunja, Colombia. The lawsuit seeks just over $985,000 in damages.
CMG Entertainment opposes closing the manager's deposition. Its lawyers say Rubio hasn't shown sufficient legal cause to bar the media and that her status as a star isn't a good enough reason.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world