- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Former NBA forward Mike Mitchell dies at 55
Question of the Day
Mitchell died in San Antonio after the former Auburn star fought the disease for two years, said his son, Mike Mitchell Jr.
Mitchell averaged 19.8 points and 5.6 rebounds during his career. He was an All-Star in Cleveland in 1981 but had his winningest years in San Antonio, playing alongside George Gervin and Artis Gilmore.
The Spurs reached the Western Conference Finals in 1982 and 1983 but fell to Magic Johnson and the Los Angeles Lakers both times. It was the farthest San Antonio would advance in the playoffs until David Robinson put the Spurs back in the conference finals a decade later.
A first-round draft pick in 1978, Mitchell spent 3 1/2 seasons in Cleveland before being traded to the Spurs. He averaged 24.5 points during his one All-Star season, which took place while the Cavaliers were among the league’s worst teams.
Mitchell played more than a decade in Europe after his NBA career ended in 1988.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq