- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Let NLRB expire
Patrick J. Reilly’s column “Labor redoubles assault on Catholic colleges” (Commentary, Wednesday) paints a clear picture of the efforts of the National Labor Relations Board. Supported by President Obama’s Brown Shirts in the guise of federal agents, the NLRB props up the decrepit and dysfunctional union system.
With their longtime influence from organized crime, many unions have failed to do much other than lavish huge sums of member contributions upon union thugs and willful politicians who come hat in hand.
With the continued attack on religious schools and, most recently, its attacks on right-to-work states such as South Carolina because of the Boeing Co.’s new assembly plant, the NLRB has turned itself into a group of no-longer-relevant bureaucrats (what NLRB should really stand for) vainly trying to save their own jobs.
Congress should cut funding for this antiquated operation and let it wither on the vine along with the corrupt unions that it represents.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Probe Boston teen's medical, custody case
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support a modern-day Tiananmen protest
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An honorable president would resign
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable