- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partyers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
Demand high for C-Max
Question of the Day
Bucking the economy is Ford’s all-new Ford C-MAX, surpassing sales expectations recording more than 100,000 sales and orders since its launch late last year. @Text.normal:This year through May, sales of the Ford C-MAX have doubled over the same period a year ago. The first five months of the year also saw the fastest pace of C-MAX sales since 2006. To meet demand for the five-seat C-MAX and seven-seat Grand C-MAX, Ford has increased the line speed at its plant in Valencia, Spain.
The result has been an almost 18 per cent increase in daily C-MAX production at the plant. “We expected a strong customer demand for the Ford C-MAX and Ford Grand C-MAX, but demand has exceeded our expectations,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe. “Sales of the all-new Ford C-MAX will contribute to our expectation that around 40 per cent of all the new vehicles we sell in Europe this year will be totally new or significantly freshened models.”
A high percentage of customers are choosing well-equipped versions of the Ford C-MAX. In fact, 65 percent of Ford C-MAX sales have been high-series trim levels, such as the Ford C-MAX Titanium models, compared to 32 percent over the same period a year ago. The Ford C-MAX is the leader in is market segment in Italy (27 per cent share) and in Ireland (23 per cent share), and almost all of Ford’s traditional 19 European markets have seen the Ford C-MAX double their segment sales share versus 2010.
Ford market research shows that Ford C-MAX customers in Europe have said the vehicle’s design, technology and driving characteristics have attracted them to the vehicle. The Ford Grand C-MAX’s sliding rear doors also are proving to be a popular feature with customers. “The early success of the Ford C-MAX proves that when you deliver new products with best-in-class features and attributes, customers will respond quickly,” said de Waard. “This gives us great confidence going forward as Ford of Europe prepares to launch 20 all-new or significantly refreshed vehicles over the next three years.”
By Matt Kibbe
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whisky: U.K.-born expert
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
Buzz on Bees is a column promoting the love and life of God’s greatest pollinators on earth: The Honeybee
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow