- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Mouseketeer Annette Funicello’s L.A. home burns
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former Disney Mouseketeer Annette Funicello has suffered smoke inhalation from a fire that badly damaged her Los Angeles home, but her former husband said she wasn't seriously injured.
The blaze Thursday in Encino was doused in less than a half-hour.
Fire spokesman Erik Scott says two women — one of them in a wheelchair — and a man were hospitalized for possible smoke inhalation and are in good condition.
Their names weren't released, but Miss Funicello's ex-husband, Jack Gilardi, said the 68-year-old actress was at home with her current husband and a nurse. Miss Funicello has multiple sclerosis.
Mr. Gilardi said they were exposed to smoke but will recover.
Miss Funicello was a Mouseketeer on TV's "Mickey Mouse Club" in the 1950s and had a singing and acting career that included a series of beach movies.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KEENE: Familiar refrains from Britain's 'Tea Party'
- Skeptics on all sides take aim of John Kerry's tentative deal on Ukraine
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.