- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
2 Michigan St. football players arrested in Aspen
ASPEN, COLO. (AP) - Two Michigan State football players have been arrested for fighting in an Aspen bar and then trying to flee from officers, authorities said.
Max Bullough, 19, and Brian Linthicum, 23, were arrested shortly after midnight Thursday at the Regal Watering Hole. Workers there reported that Linthicum was assaulting another patron, Benjamin Nichols of London.
Police said the two players ran away from officers when they arrived. When officers caught up with them, police said they had to use a stun gun to subdue Linthicum, who is 6-foot-5 and weighs 250 lbs.
They were scheduled to appear in court in Aspen on April 19.
Michigan State didn’t have any immediate comment on the arrests.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again