- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Doherty questioned in German record shop break-in
Question of the Day
BERLIN (AP) - German police say rocker Pete Doherty is suspected of involvement in a break-in at a record shop during which a guitar and a record were stolen.
The theft in the southern city of Regensburg happened early Tuesday. Police in Regensburg said Friday a witness reported one of the three people involved was the 31-year-old Briton, who was in the city to work on a film.
They say Doherty and a German companion were questioned Thursday.
Police say the men told investigators they were on their way back from a bar crawl when one of the trio hit the window of the shop, which broke. They say the men said they couldn't remember details of what happened next because of how much they had drunk.
The guitar and record sleeve were later found in Regensburg's streets. No charges had been filed.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq