- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
- California church handing out ‘travel cash’ to illegals heading east
- PHILLIPS: Liberal lawyers ensuring illegal aliens are never deported
- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
Let’s Play Two: Ivies hope to put 2nd team in NCAA
Question of the Day
With a tournament field that has expanded to 68 teams, there is room for three more than last year. And the conference’s recent success in the event could also work in Harvard’s favor.
Last year, Cornell made it to the round of 16 before losing to No. 1-seed Kentucky in the East Region semifinals. Harvard guard Brandyn Curry remembers watching the Big Red knock off Temple and Wisconsin _ schools with long basketball pedigrees _ and thinking the Ivies’ time had come.
“It gave the Ivy League some respectability,” he said. “I don’t think anybody will take an Ivy League team lightly anymore.”
Former Cornell coach Steve Donahue, who left for Boston College after the season, agreed.
Vitale noted that strange things can happen in other conference tournaments that eat up the available at-large bids. So, he has some advice for the Crimson as they head into the Saturday’s game.
“Go for the knockout punch,” he said, “and win.”
By Elizabeth MacDonald
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs