- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
Inside the Beltway
“This is a test of the Democrat Faux Outrage System. Had this been an actual outrage, then someone of consequence would be making these claims,” observes a parody headline at Fark.com, an online news aggregator.
RETURN TO SENDER
Former Republican congressman Christopher Lee of New York is refunding $734,000 in leftover campaign money to 1,100 donors, following his resignation last month after his flirtatious come-ons and a pin-up photograph on Craiglist were revealed by a potential date.
“I regret very much how my actions affected my family, staff and constituents. I make no excuses for my behavior. It was wrong,” the married Mr. Lee said in a letter to donors. “Now, as a private citizen, my first priority is to try and pull back together a life for my family. God willing, with the continued support of family and friends, it will happen.”
POLL DU JOUR
• 50 percent of Americans predict that gas will increase 75 cents or more a gallon this year.
• 26 percent say it will increase 50-75 cents; 15 percent say from 1-50 cents.
• 1 percent say gas prices will stay the same.
• 37 percent say gas eventually will be priced from $3.75-$4 per gallon.
• 27 percent say it will hit $5 or more.
• 22 percent say the price per gallon will range from $4-$4.99.
Source: A Gallup Poll of 1,021 adults conducted March 3-6.
• Credits, debits, press releases to firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Inside the Beltway: An agenda-free Easter
- Inside the Beltway: A Hillary-free 2016 would confound Democrats
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- George P. Bush - son of Jeb - the lead figure in the Bush political push for now
- Inside the Beltway: The appeal of 'strong America'
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.