- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
3 more chances to be wrong
Question of the Day
DUKE (1) vs. Texas (4) _ The only time the Blue Devils lose is when they struggle from 3-point range. They should get some open looks against the Longhorns.
CONNECTICUT (3) vs. San Diego State (2) _ Kemba Walker can offset D.J. Gay, all those big defenders can slow down Kawhi Leonard and somebody besides BYU beats the Aztecs.
CONNECTICUT (3) vs. Duke (1) _ The West regional has meant Final Four _ and two national championships _ success for the Huskies who can extend their defense enough to make shooting 3s tough on the Blue Devils.
KANSAS (1) vs. Boston University (16) _ It sounds cold, but the Morris twins might be able to win this one by themselves.
UNLV (8) vs. Illinois (9) _ The Runnin’ Rebels, the third team in the Mountain West race all season, should prevail in this matchup of two of Lon Kruger’s coaching stops.
RICHMOND (12) vs. Vanderbilt (5) _ It’s not a rule that there has to be at least one 5-12 upset, but the Spiders and solid guard Kevin Anderson are more than capable.
LOUISVILLE (4) vs. Morehead State (13) _ This all-commonwealth matchup should be decided by the Cardinals’ pressure defense.
USC (11) vs. Georgetown (6) _ The Hoyas missed injured point guard Chris Wright at the end of the season, and the Trojans can make them miss him even more.
PURDUE (3) vs. Saint Peter’s (14) _ The Boilermakers limped in with consecutive losses and they have too many options for the Peacocks, a good defensive team, to stop them all.
TEXAS A&M (7) vs. Florida State (10) _ The Seminoles are hoping to get Chris Singleton back after missing a month with an injury. He might not be enough.
NOTRE DAME (2) vs. Akron (15) _ It’s fair to say Akron’s chances at a major upset are zip.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq