- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
NCAA Capsules-East Regional
Question of the Day
Last Ten: 5-5.
The Skinny: The defending Big East tournament champs were bounced by Marquette in their first game at Madison Square Garden last week. The reason? They couldn’t hit a jumpshot. West Virginia has struggled with inconsistency all year, which Huggins lamented in New York City.
Birmingham, Ala., 22-8.
Nickname: Blazers. Coach: Mike Davis.
Conference: Conference USA. Bid: At large.
Region: East. Seed: No. 12.
Tournament Record: 9-13, 13 years. Last appearance: 2006.
Scoring: Team (68.9); Jamarr Sanders 17.7; Cameron Moore 14.3; Aaron Johnson 12.0; Ovio Soko 9.2.
Rebounds: Team (36.0); Cameron Moore 9.4; Ovio Soko 5.9; Jamarr Sanders 4.6.
Assists/Turnovers: Team (13.7/12.3); Aaron Johnson 7.7/3.5; Jamarr Sanders 1.9/2.8.
3-pointers: Team (.337); Jamarr Sanders 85; Dexter Fields 53.
Last Ten: 7-3.
The Skinny: The Blazers were sweating it out after getting stunned by East Carolina _ the same team it had beaten by 18 points five days earlier _ in the Conference USA tournament. Many critics disagreed with putting them in the field. Talk about having something to prove.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors