- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
NCAA Capsules-East Regional
Question of the Day
Clemson, S.C., 21-11.
Nickname: Tigers. Coach: Oliver Purnell.
Conference: Atlantic Coast. Bid: At large.
Region: East. Seed: No. 12.
Tournament Record: 8-10, 10 years. Last appearance: 2010.
Scoring: Team (68.2); Demontez Stitt 14.7; Jerai Grant 12.1; Andre Young 10.8.
Rebounds: Team (34.9); Jerai Grant 6.7; Devon Booker 5.3; Milton Jennings 5.3; Demontez Stitt 4.4.
Assists/Turnovers: Team (12.9/13.4); Demontez Stitt 3.4/2.1; Andre Young 3.0/1.2; Tanner Smith 2.8/1.9.
3-pointers: Team (.349); Andre Young 74; Demontez Stitt 43; Tanner Smith 31.
Last Ten: 6-4.
The Skinny: The Tigers were probably in the tournament even before they played North Carolina in the ACC tourney, but their strong showing in an overtime loss might have cemented their bid. Stitt is an extraordinary scorer and he has plenty of help from Grant and Young.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq