- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
NCAA Capsules-Southwest Regional
Question of the Day
Nickname: Jayhawks. Coach: Bill Self.
Conference: Big 12. Bid: Big 12 champion.
Region: Southwest. Seed: No. 1.
Tournament Record: 85-38, 39 years. Last appearance: 2010.
Scoring: Team (82.4); Marcus Morris 17.3; Markieff Morris 13.6; Tyrel Reed 10.0; Tyshawn Taylor 9.1.
Rebounds: Team (38.6); Markieff Morris 8.2; Marcus Morris 7.2; Thomas Robinson 6.5.
Assists/Turnovers: Team (17.9/13.5); Tyshawn Taylor 4.5/2.7; Brady Morningstar 3.3/1.2; Josh Shelby 2.4/2.3.
3-pointers: Team (.387); Tyrel Reed 66; Brady Morningstar 35; Josh Shelby 31.
Last Ten: 9-1.
The Skinny: The Jayhawks have been consistent all season, even though Thomas Robinson (torn meniscus), Josh Selby (ankle injury) and Tyshawn Taylor (suspension) missed games late in the regular season. With that trio available, Kansas is the deepest team in the country.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world