- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
SDSU sets sights on 1st NCAA tournament win
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Now comes the important part for San Diego State _ actually winning a game in the NCAA tournament.
There have been so many firsts during this breakout season for the Aztecs (32-2), who won the Mountain West Conference regular-season and tournament titles. For the excitement to continue, they’ll need to get their first NCAA tournament win. They’re winless in six previous trips, including three under coach Steve Fisher.
Sixth-ranked SDSU has its highest seed in school history, No. 2 in the West region, and will face Northern Colorado on Thursday at Tucson.
Star point guard D.J. Gay says he felt the Aztecs let an opportunity slip away when they lost to Tennessee in last year’s tournament. Now, he says, “we’ve been fortunate to have another opportunity this year.”
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Afghanistan, heads to Africa
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.