- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
A’s closer Andrew Bailey leaves with sore elbow
Question of the Day
GOODYEAR, ARIZ. (AP) - Oakland Athletics All-Star closer Andrew Bailey is scheduled to be evaluated Tuesday by renowned elbow specialist Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala.
Bailey, the 2009 AL Rookie of the Year and a two-time All-Star, left a spring training game Monday against the Cleveland Indians with elbow discomfort in his pitching arm after facing only three batters. The latest trouble comes after he was shut down at the end of last season with an elbow injury.
He got an out, a batter reached on an error, then Bailey yielded an RBI double to Travis Hafner and was visited at the mound by manager Bob Geren and the A's training staff.
After a couple of moments of discussion, Bailey walked to the dugout.
The right-hander has been on a strict regimen this spring. This was his second outing. He struck out two in one inning in his first appearance.
The A's said they would provide more information on Bailey's status once it was available.
Bailey has 51 saves and a 1.70 ERA over his first two major league seasons.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq