- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Michigan finally moving in right direction
Question of the Day
No matter how far these Wolverines advance, there’s a sense that the program might finally be turning a corner because of how much young talent is on the roster. Hardaway, Jordan Morgan and Evan Smotrycz are all freshmen, and Morris is a sophomore. Hardaway and Morgan have started every game this season, and Morris has started all but one.
“We finished fourth in the Big Ten, in a very close tie for fourth, and we’d like to get to the top of the Big Ten,” Beilein said. “We do like this foundation right now. We think it’s got a higher ceiling than we are right now.”
As excited as Beilein is about facing Tennessee, he’s also thrilled about the new basketball player development center being built next to Crisler Arena. The arena itself is also being renovated _ some seats in the upper level had already been removed when the team watched the selection show there on Sunday night.
“I think what we’re doing right now, when you see those seats removed and you see that foundation going up over there … people know we’re serious about Michigan basketball. We’re not resting on the block ‘M’ _ we know that we have to compete,” Beilein said. “It’s still an arms race in so many different ways, and we’re doing everything we can to keep up.”
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world