- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
Michigan finally moving in right direction
No matter how far these Wolverines advance, there’s a sense that the program might finally be turning a corner because of how much young talent is on the roster. Hardaway, Jordan Morgan and Evan Smotrycz are all freshmen, and Morris is a sophomore. Hardaway and Morgan have started every game this season, and Morris has started all but one.
“We finished fourth in the Big Ten, in a very close tie for fourth, and we’d like to get to the top of the Big Ten,” Beilein said. “We do like this foundation right now. We think it’s got a higher ceiling than we are right now.”
As excited as Beilein is about facing Tennessee, he’s also thrilled about the new basketball player development center being built next to Crisler Arena. The arena itself is also being renovated _ some seats in the upper level had already been removed when the team watched the selection show there on Sunday night.
“I think what we’re doing right now, when you see those seats removed and you see that foundation going up over there … people know we’re serious about Michigan basketball. We’re not resting on the block ‘M’ _ we know that we have to compete,” Beilein said. “It’s still an arms race in so many different ways, and we’re doing everything we can to keep up.”
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.