- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
NCAA Capsules-Philadelphia Regional
Nickname: Hawks. Coach: Jennifer Rizzotti.
Conference: America East. Bid: America East champion.
Region: Philadelphia. Seed: No. 16.
Tournament Record: 2-4, 4 years. Last appearance: 2008.
Scoring: Team (57.3); Mary Silvia 9.1; Daphne Elliott 8.7; Ruthanne Doherty 7.6.
Rebounds: Team (34.3); Ruthanne Doherty 6.0; Nikkia Smith 4.5.
Assists/Turnovers: Team (12.3/15.7); Jackie Smith 3.5/2.3.
Last Ten: 9-1.
The Skinny: Hartford got off to a slow start to the season before rallying to win 11 of its last 12 games. Coach Jen Rizzotti had played her former coach Geno Auriemma in the regular season the past six years before not facing UConn this season. They are winless in 11 all-time meetings.
Nickname: Wildcats. Coach: Deb Patterson.
Conference: Big 12. Bid: At-Large.
Region: Philadelphia. Seed: No. 8.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
An objective, analysis-based perspective of D.C. sports as seen through the eyes of lifelong D.C. sports enthusiast, John Heibel.
Human interest stories to feed interest, satisfy curiosity and see outside the box.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow