- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
SDSU sets sights on 1st NCAA tournament win
Question of the Day
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Now comes the important part for San Diego State _ actually winning a game in the NCAA tournament.
There have been so many firsts during this breakout season for the Aztecs (32-2), who won the Mountain West Conference regular-season and tournament titles. For the excitement to continue, they'll need to get their first NCAA tournament win. They're winless in six previous trips, including three under coach Steve Fisher.
Sixth-ranked SDSU has its highest seed in school history, No. 2 in the West region, and will face Northern Colorado on Thursday at Tucson.
Star point guard D.J. Gay says he felt the Aztecs let an opportunity slip away when they lost to Tennessee in last year's tournament. Now, he says, "we've been fortunate to have another opportunity this year."
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- More immigrants deported from New Mexico center
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- Vladimir Putin pressured to aid Ukraine plane crash probe, rein in rebels
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq