- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
NCAA Capsules-Dayton Regional
Question of the Day
Nickname: Lady Vols. Coach: Pat Summitt.
Conference: Southeastern. Bid: SEC champion.
Region: Dayton. Seed: No. 1.
Tournament Record: 106-21, 29 years. Last appearance: 2010.
Scoring: Team (79.2); Meighan Simmons 13.7; Shekinna Strickland 12.6; Glory Johnson 11.9.
Rebounds: Team (46.0); Glory Johnson 9.6; Shekinna Strickland 7.5.
Assists/Turnovers: Team (13.9/15.8); Meighan Simmons 2.8/2.9; Angie Bjorklund 2.1/1.5.
3-pointers: Team (.381); Angie Bjorklund 68; Meighan Simmons 58.
Last Ten: 10-0.
The Skinny: Despite being fourth in the poll for most of the season, this might be one of the least talked about of Pat Summitt’s talented teams. The Lady Vols ran through the SEC and will try for a record ninth NCAA championship. The team has a nice mixture of size and a really talented speedy guard in Meighan Simmons.
DeLand, Fla., 20-12.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world