- - Monday, March 21, 2011

CBS wants Charlie Sheen back on ‘Two and a Half Men’

Unemployed train-wreck Charlie Sheen might be winning after all.

According to RadarOnline, CBS would like the troubled actor to return to “Two and a Half Men,” from which he was fired earlier this month after publicly ranting about then-boss Chuck Lorre. After first canceling the remainder of the current season, the show canned Mr. Sheen altogether.

RadarOnline’s source says CBS president and CEO Les Moonves approached Mr. Lorre about getting Mr. Sheen back onboard.

“Moonves told Chuck Lorre that he should ‘let us handle Charlie,’” the source said. “Moonves wants to get the show back on the air. He’s all for it. He says certain people need to forget anything and everything Charlie’s done recently and just move on with the business at hand.”

The trick would be to put Mr. Sheen and Mr. Lorre in the same room.

“The core issue is, as he put it, the volatile relationship between Charlie Sheen and Chuck Lorre,” the source said. “He believes that if CBS and Warner Bros. TV honchos can find a way to get Chuck and Charlie to speak again, cooler heads will prevail.”

Before being kicked off “Two and a Half Men,” Mr. Sheen did a February radio interview and mocked the Hebrew version of Mr. Lorre’s name, leading many to accuse Mr. Sheen of anti-Semitism, which the actor denied in a later interview.

“There’s something this side of deplorable that a certain Chaim Levine — yeah, that’s [Chuck Lorre’s] real name — mistook this rock star for his own selfish exit strategy, bro,” Mr. Sheen said last month. “I embarrassed him in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that his unevolved mind cannot process. Last I checked, Chaim, I spent close to the last decade effortlessly and magically converting your tin cans into pure gold. And the gratitude I get is this charlatan chose not to do his job, which is to write. Clearly someone who believes he’s above the law. Well, you’ve been warned, dude, bring it.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/21/cbs-wants-charlie-sheen-back-on-two-and-a-half-men/#ixzz1HGJQ43w4

Lifetime to air ‘William and Kate’

Love is in the air at Lifetime, which will air a made-for-TV film about the engagement and romance of Prince William and Kate Middleton next month, reports the Telegraph of London.

The movie, titled “William and Kate,” will explore the couple’s meeting and long-term courtship. Miss Middleton and Prince William met at the University of St. Andrews, where they [shared an apartment]. British actress Camilla Luddington will portray Miss Middleton, and New Zealand’s Nico Evers-Swindell stars as Prince William.

“I wasn’t prepared for the media circus, but it’s helped me get into character, because now I understand what Kate went through with William,” Miss Luddington said.

As she plays Miss Middleton, Miss Luddington will fulfill her childhood dream of becoming a princess and dating Prince William.

“I always wanted to be a princess,” Miss Luddington said. “I had the biggest crush on Prince William when I was younger … I was one of those tragic girls who was thinking, ‘If I just saw him, he would know … Camilla, you’re the girl!’”

According to the Telegraph, the film starts with the two then-students’ first meeting at their Scotland college, and follows them through the highs and lows of their nine-year relationship.

The film will premiere on Lifetime April 18, just 11 days before Prince William and Miss Middleton’s scheduled Westminster Abbey wedding.

Read more:http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/21/lifetime-to-air-william-and-kate/

Newt Gingrich to screen documentary in Milwaukee

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich will be in Milwaukee this month to screen a documentary he put together with his wife about Pope John Paul II’s role in ending communism, reports the Associated Press.

Mr. Gingrich and his wife, Callista, produced the documentary, which is called “Nine Days that Changed the World.” The movie follows the pope’s first trip to his homeland of Poland after being elected pontiff. The documentary explores the effect the visit had on Poland’s anti-communist opposition.

Mr. Gingrich converted to Catholicism in 2009. He formerly identified as Baptist.

The free screening will take place at Marquette University on March 29. Mr. Gingrich and his spouse also will make a presentation, and there will be a book and DVD signing.

Read more:http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/21/newt-gingrich-to-screen-pope-john-paul-ii-documentary-in-milwaukee/

Sammy Hagar claims to have been abducted by aliens

Sammy Hagar, a former lead singer for the band Van Halen, might get along with “rock star from Mars” train-wreck Charlie Sheen, because the guitarist claims to have had out-of-this-world experiences.

During an interview about his new book, “Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock,” Mr. Hagar said he’d been abducted by aliens, who he claims messed with his brain, reports Reuters.

While chatting with a reporter, Mr. Hagar mentioned a passage in his book that describes a dream he’d had about being contacted by extraterrestrials. Mr. Hagar says the dream actually happened.

“It was real,” Mr. Hagar told the reporter. “They were plugged into me. It was a download situation … Or, they uploaded something from my brain, like an experiment.” Mr. Hagar added that he thinks he saw an alien space ship in broad daylight when he was 4 years old.

The solo artist sang for both Van Halen and Montrose, which was wildly popular during the “sex, drugs, and rock ‘n’ roll” period of the 1970s and 1980s.

Read more:http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/21/sammy-hagar-claims-to-have-been-abducted-by-aliens/

Wyclef Jean has ‘no idea’ who shot him

Wyclef Jean says he has no idea who shot him during an election riot in Haiti, but police say his injury was caused by broken glass.

Mr. Jean claimed to be shot in the hand while rallying support for presidential candidate Michel “Sweet Micky” Martelly in Haiti on Saturday. His car, which also carried rapper Busta Rhymes, was showered with bullets, and Mr. Jean said he was hit as he stepped out to make a phone call.

“I got out of the car and heard gunfire,” he told the Daily Star. “The next I noticed there was blood on my shirt and sneakers. I have no idea who fired the rounds or whether they were shooting at me.”

Despite these claims, Vanel Lacroix, police chief in Peitonville, where Mr. Jean is staying, told the Daily Mail: “We met with the doctor who saw him, and he confirmed Wyclef was cut by glass.”

Mr. Jean said he could not speculate as to whether he was targeted by the shooter, but Damien Merlo, a spokesman for the Martelly campaign, told CNN “it was nothing.”

“He’s fine, and out and about, getting out the vote for us,” Mr. Merlo said.

Mr. Jean has been in Haiti to support Mr. Martelly’s presidential bid after his own bid for president ended in August. He was disqualified from running because Haiti’s Constitution requires that candidates have lived in the country for five years, and Mr. Jean lives in the U.S.

Read more:http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/21/wyclef-jean-has-no-idea-who-shot-him-but-police-say-no-one-did/

Compiled by Laura Donovan, Madeleine Joelson 2011 The Daily Caller

Copyright © 2016 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

blog comments powered by Disqus

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide