- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Question of the Day
Cox’s number will become the third the team has retired in three years, following Tom Glavine (47) last year and Greg Maddux (31) in 2009.
The only other Braves players to have their number retired are Hank Aaron (44), Eddie Mathews (41), Dale Murphy (3), Phil Niekro (35) and Warren Spahn (21).
Kings’ Justin Williams will miss 3 to 4 weeks
LOS ANGELES | Kings right wing Justin Williams will miss at least three to four weeks with a dislocated shoulder, leaving Los Angeles without its second-leading scorer in the midst of the playoff race.
Kings coach Terry Murray announced Williams‘ diagnosis on Tuesday morning, but stopped short of saying Williams was done for the season. Williams plans to rest the injury before attempting to play in the postseason wearing a harness, hoping to avoid surgery.
The veteran forward left the Kings’ home game against Calgary on Monday night midway through the second period after getting checked into the boards by Robyn Regehr.
Williams has 22 goals and 35 assists while playing in all 73 games for the Kings, who signed him to a four-year, $14.6 million extension last month.
Mark Block preparing appeal of suspension
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Russia sends Iraq fighter jets, helicopter gunships for ISIL fight after meeting in Moscow
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq