- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 22, 2011

NEW YORK (AP) - New York’s Metropolitan Opera says conductor James Levine will withdraw from two upcoming performances due to lingering back problems.

Earlier this month, Levine stepped down as Boston Symphony Orchestra’s music director due to his health problems.

The Met announced Monday that Levine will withdraw from conducting “Das Rheingold” on March 30 and April 2 and “Il Trovatore” on April 20, 23, 27 and 30.

Fabio Luisi will take over the “Rheingold” performances and Marco Armiliato will lead the “Trovatore” performances.

The Met says Levine will conduct the new production of Wagner’s “Die Walkure” on April 22 and Berg’s “Wozzeck” on April 6. He will also lead two Met Orchestra concerts at Carnegie Hall on April 10 and May 15.

Copyright © 2016 The Washington Times, LLC.

blog comments powered by Disqus

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide