- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Reaction from across the world to Taylor’s death
Question of the Day
Some reaction following the death of Elizabeth Taylor:
“I am so sorry to hear that this great legend has passed. I admired and respected her not only as an actress but for her amazing and inspiring work as an AIDS activist. She was one of a kind.” _ Madonna.
“Elizabeth’s legacy will live on in many people around the world whose lives will be longer and better because of her work and the ongoing efforts of those she inspired.” _ Statement from former President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
“I don’t know what was more impressive her magnitude as a star or her magnitude as a friend. Her talent for friendship was unmatched. I will miss her for the rest of my life and beyond.” _ Shirley MacLaine.
“Our loss in the motion picture business with Elizabeth Taylor’s passing is momentous. She was a lady who gave of herself to everyone. I know I consider it a great personal loss.” _ Mickey Rooney, who starred opposite Taylor in “National Velvet.”
“She was and will always be an icon within the film and entertainment industry and she nurtured me and kept me tenacious with my continuing commitment and work regarding AIDS. I will miss her as I am certain so many that she befriended passionately.” _ Dionne Warwick.
“(Taylor) forever marked the history of the Seventh Art … (her) Cleopatra remains unequaled … (she was) devoted from the youngest age to a limitless passion for film.” _ Francois Fillon, prime minister of France.
“I shall remember her as a woman whose heart and soul were as beautiful as her classic face and majestic eyes.” _ Former Sen. John W. Warner.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Outrage over $190M border security deal for troubled federal contractor
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq