- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
Question of the Day
By the end of his first workout with Sporting Kansas City on Wednesday morning, the star wide receiver of the Cincinnati Bengals was panting hard and was obviously exhausted.
“Exactly what I expected,” said the six-time Pro Bowler. “I would be a little winded being that I haven’t ran at this pace or this level since the end of our season of football. It was fun. I didn’t expect to come in here and be Superman.”
Ochocinco plans to go through with the four-day tryout and, if possible, join the team.
AUSTIN, Texas | Andy Roddick will enjoy a big home-court advantage in the U.S. Davis Cup team’s quarterfinal against Spain.
The match will be played July 8-10 at the University of Texas in Austin, where Roddick lives. The choice of sites was announced Wednesday and delighted Roddick, who ranks second in U.S. Davis Cup singles victories with 33.
Top-ranked Rafael Nadal will lead the Spanish team. The match will be the first in the United States for Jim Courier as Davis Cup captain.
Want swing help from Woods? There’s an app for that
ORLANDO, Fla. | Tiger Woods is now giving lessons on mobile phones.
Woods launched a mobile application Wednesday called “Tiger Woods: My Swing” for the iPhone and iPod touch geared toward helping golfers of all skill levels improve through video analysis and instruction.
The cost is $9.99, which is significantly higher than other such applications - Paul Azinger has an instruction app for 99 cents - but Woods said his share of the proceeds go toward the Tiger Woods Foundation.
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!