- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
VP Joe Biden visits Yankees camp
Question of the Day
Biden spent about 30 minutes on the third-base side of George Steinbrenner Field while the Yankees held an early practice before Wednesday night’s game against Toronto. He was with Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., and both wore Yankees hats.
“I didn’t expect it … it’s cool,” camp instructor David Wells said. “How many times can you say that you talked to the vice president? He’s very nice. Funny. Told stories. I’m not big into politics, but that was pretty cool.”
The Blue Jays, however, didn’t get to enjoy the visit. Their arrival was delayed about 10 minutes when authorities wouldn’t permit the team bus into the stadium complex. The Blue Jays made it inside around the time that Biden was leaving the ballpark.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- The List: Top 20 TV medical shows
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq