- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Broadway theaters to dim lights in honor of Taylor
NEW YORK (AP) - Broadway will honor Elizabeth Taylor by dimming its lights on Friday.
The Broadway League, the national trade association, said Thursday that theater marquees will go dark at 8 p.m. for one minute in memory of the screen siren.
The actress died in Los Angeles on Wednesday at age 79.
Taylor made her first appearance on Broadway in the 1981 revival of Lillian Hellman’s “The Little Foxes” and was nominated for a best actress Tony Award.
Taylor returned to Broadway in 1983 as producer and star of Noel Coward’s “Private Lives” opposite her former husband, Richard Burton. She also produced “The Corn is Green” that year.
Known more as a film actress, Taylor brought to the screen stage classics such as Tennessee William’s “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.”
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.