- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Judge could put ex-Cowboy Lockhart behind bars
DALLAS (AP) - Ex-Dallas Cowboy Eugene Lockhart Jr. has been jailed pending trial on an alleged $20 million mortgage fraud scam.
U.S. Magistrate Jeff Kaplan ordered Lockhart's arrest Wednesday for allegedly hiding a public intoxication arrest from federal officials.
The Dallas Morning News says a woman who has known Lockhart for some time testified Tuesday that he told her to lie to the FBI after their October public-intoxication arrest and say she didn't know him.
Lockhart was charged with mortgage fraud in 2009 and released pending trial. He was detained in July for failing a court-ordered drug test. Another judge released Lockhart, but ordered him to report any further arrests.
Lockhart attorney Jay Ethington questioned whether his client was drunk and had encouraged the woman to lie.
Information from: The Dallas Morning News, http://www.dallasnews.com
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Snow storm sucker punch: U.S. hit by winter wave
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- KEENE: Nelson Mandela's legacy
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!