- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Japan nuclear crisis highlights U.S. problems
Question of the Day
All that recent events in Japan have reaffirmed is that we must secure our own energy needs (“Nuclear plant locations across U.S. under review,” Politics, March 21).
No insurance company or any other organization has the resources to cover the costs resulting from a lack of appropriate action and planning. In all nuclear crises to date, available knowledge and proper attention to detail were slighted. We should immediately replace our unreliable and unscientific wind farms with efficient devices we know how to make. General Electric is not the only nuclear energy player around. Take a look at what Bechtel Corp. has done for Southern California Edison, for example, or the U.S. Navy’s operation of nuclear submarines. Allowing our current nuclear reactors to rust into the ground isn’t going to solve our energy problems.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die