- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
Whitecaps sign Harmse to fill in for DeMerit
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA (AP) - The Vancouver Whitecaps signed defender-midfielder Kevin Harmse ahead of the franchise’s first road game in Philadelphia on Saturday.
Harmse has played for the Los Angeles Galaxy, Toronto FC and Chivas USA. He could start in place of center back Jay DeMerit, while the American joins the United States for exhibitions against Argentina and Paraguay.
The 26-year-old Harmse was born in South Africa but grew up in Vancouver. He has made nine appearances for Canada internationally.
Midfielder Terry Dunfield, the only other Vancouver local on the Whitecaps, will be captain while DeMerit is away.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.