- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
4 aces in Philly, stars in new places for MLB 2011
Question of the Day
“It’s not like I’m going, ‘I want to make the All-Star team. I want to have a Gold Glove.’ It would be nice, but if we’re a championship team, everything else will take care of itself,” he said.
Also worth noting in 2011:
_Johan Santana, Joe Nathan, Jake Peavy and Grady Sizemore are coming back from season-ending operations. Chase Utley is ailing, as is Carlos Beltran. Injured Adam Wainwright is out for the year and phenom Stephen Strasburg is rehabbing from Tommy John surgery.
_Florida plays its last season at Sun Life Stadium, where the Marlins won two championships at a ballpark also known as Joe Robbie Stadium, Pro Player Stadium, Dolphin Stadium and Land Shark Stadium, among other names. Next year, they move into a downtown stadium in Miami where the Orange Bowl once stood.
_Fenway Park welcomes the Chicago Cubs for the first time since the 1918 World Series on May 20. Interleague play started in 1997, but because of scheduling quirks the Cubs had not visited Boston.
AP Baseball Writer Jon Krawczynski, AP Sports Writers Steven Wine, Rob Maaddi and R.B. Fallstrom, and AP freelance writers Rick Eymer and Maureen Mullen contributed to this report.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq