- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
College stars considering NBA options
Question of the Day
GET OUT OF THE BUILDING: North Carolina coach Roy Williams and his five starters had their news conference on Saturday interrupted for about 10 minutes when a fire alarm sounded at the Prudential Center.
An announcement ordered an evacuation of the building, but no one was certain whether it was legitimate.
Williams and his players eventually left the dais when tournament officials could not verify the alarm and ordered everyone to evacuate.
A couple of minutes later, officials discovered the alarm was false.
“We were sitting there and I didn’t know what was going on,” Tar Heels forward Tyler Zeller said. “I thought it was something like a forklift backing up or something. Then the guy started talking. I was lost, then Coach told us to go sit on the bus and I was sitting on the bus.”
Guard Dexter Strickland was ready to run as soon as the alarm sounded.
“I am pretty sure Coach was, too,” Strickland said. “We were walking to the bus and some guy said you have to go back and everybody was huffed and puffed. It was kind of funny.”
AP Sports Writers Will Graves and Tom Canavan contributed to this report.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors