- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
Royals acquire Treanor from Rangers
Question of the Day
SURPRISE, ARIZ. (AP) - The Kansas City Royals acquired catcher Matt Treanor on Monday from the Texas Rangers for an undisclosed amount of cash.
The 35-year-old Treanor was a fourth-round selection by the Royals in the 1994 draft and traded to Florida in 1997 for right-hander Matt Whisenant. He appeared in 82 games last year for the Rangers and hit a home run off the New York Yankees in the ALCS.
He's a seven-year major league veteran with a career average of .227 in 360 games for the Marlins, Tigers and Rangers. He was 6 for 22 with one home run and four RBIs in 11 games for the Rangers this spring.
The Royals are unsettled at catcher while they wait for the return from surgery of Jason Kendall, who could be back by late April.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- PRUDEN: 'Tis the season for apologies
- EDITORIAL: Red faces at the White House
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- UHLER and FERRARA: Obamacare, the end of the progressive era
- Sebelius adds yet another exemption for Obamacare
- Breaking Bad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow