- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
Question of the Day
Rare tortoise gone from zoo
Officials say someone might have walked off with the Indian Star tortoise — he’s the size of a grapefruit and weighs about a pound.
Indian Star tortoises typically live 10 to 15 years.
Butti has a history of upper-respiratory infections. Without his caretakers, he might develop gastrointestinal problems, osteoporosis or kidney failure.
Imam now unsure on ‘ground zero’ mosque
A Muslim couple who had a role in founding a controversial Islamic community center and mosque near the World Trade Center before being booted from the organization in January now say the site may not be suited for the project.
Activist Daisy Khan said Tuesday that she and her husband, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, have spent months talking with relatives of 9/11 victims, first responders and others about alternative concepts for the center, including the possibility that it could become a multifaith center focusing on religious conflict.
U.S. doctor infected Guatemalans for study
ATLANTA | Federal officials have released thousands of pages of records detailing a U.S. medical experiment that deliberately infected Guatemalans with syphilis more than 60 years ago.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq