- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Rare tortoise gone from zoo
Officials say someone might have walked off with the Indian Star tortoise — he’s the size of a grapefruit and weighs about a pound.
Indian Star tortoises typically live 10 to 15 years.
Butti has a history of upper-respiratory infections. Without his caretakers, he might develop gastrointestinal problems, osteoporosis or kidney failure.
Imam now unsure on ‘ground zero’ mosque
A Muslim couple who had a role in founding a controversial Islamic community center and mosque near the World Trade Center before being booted from the organization in January now say the site may not be suited for the project.
Activist Daisy Khan said Tuesday that she and her husband, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, have spent months talking with relatives of 9/11 victims, first responders and others about alternative concepts for the center, including the possibility that it could become a multifaith center focusing on religious conflict.
U.S. doctor infected Guatemalans for study
ATLANTA | Federal officials have released thousands of pages of records detailing a U.S. medical experiment that deliberately infected Guatemalans with syphilis more than 60 years ago.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- PIPES: Islam's inadvertent adverse effects on adherents
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again