- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Nikolai Kulemin and Dion Phaneuf also scored for the Maple Leafs, coming off a 3-2 overtime victory over Pittsburgh at home Wednesday night. Toronto, fighting for a playoff spot, 10-2-4 since the All-Star break.
Kris Versteeg scored twice for the Flyers against his former team. Toronto traded him to Philadelphia last month. The Eastern Conference-leading Flyers lost consecutive games for the first time since last December.
Bruins 2, Lightning 1
BOSTON (AP) _ Milan Lucic broke tie with 3:42 left and Boston won its seventh straight to break a tie with Tampa Bay for second place in the Eastern Conference.
Steven Kampfer also scored for the Bruins, coming off a six-game trip. The Bruins pulled two points ahead of Tampa Bay and clinched the tiebreaker with a 3-1 series victory.
Tim Thomas had 27 saves for the Bruins, allowing only Eric Brewer’s goal.
Hurricanes 3, Sabres 2, OT
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) _ Jamie McBain scored 26 seconds into overtime for Carolina.
Carolina defenseman Joni Pitkanen rushed the puck over the Sabres’ blue line and waited for the trailing McBain. McBain’s slap shot made it through traffic before sneaking through goalie Ryan Miller’s legs.
Capitals 3, Blues 2
WASHINGTON (AP) _ Newcomer Jason Arnott scored the tiebreaking goal with 5:19 left, and Washington beat St. Louis for its third straight victory.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow