- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
Nikolai Kulemin and Dion Phaneuf also scored for the Maple Leafs, coming off a 3-2 overtime victory over Pittsburgh at home Wednesday night. Toronto, fighting for a playoff spot, 10-2-4 since the All-Star break.
Kris Versteeg scored twice for the Flyers against his former team. Toronto traded him to Philadelphia last month. The Eastern Conference-leading Flyers lost consecutive games for the first time since last December.
Bruins 2, Lightning 1
BOSTON (AP) _ Milan Lucic broke tie with 3:42 left and Boston won its seventh straight to break a tie with Tampa Bay for second place in the Eastern Conference.
Steven Kampfer also scored for the Bruins, coming off a six-game trip. The Bruins pulled two points ahead of Tampa Bay and clinched the tiebreaker with a 3-1 series victory.
Tim Thomas had 27 saves for the Bruins, allowing only Eric Brewer’s goal.
Hurricanes 3, Sabres 2, OT
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) _ Jamie McBain scored 26 seconds into overtime for Carolina.
Carolina defenseman Joni Pitkanen rushed the puck over the Sabres’ blue line and waited for the trailing McBain. McBain’s slap shot made it through traffic before sneaking through goalie Ryan Miller’s legs.
Capitals 3, Blues 2
WASHINGTON (AP) _ Newcomer Jason Arnott scored the tiebreaking goal with 5:19 left, and Washington beat St. Louis for its third straight victory.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again