- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Question of the Day
‘Hoax’ package investigated near base
A suspicious package that closed Branch Avenue near Andrews Air Force Base for three hours Tuesday morning was harmless but intentionally built as a hoax, Prince George’s fire officials said.
Fire Department spokesman Mark Brady said the appearance of the device “warranted the dispatch of the bomb squad.”
The package was discovered by a road crew around 9 a.m. in the median strip directly over Coventry Way. Police shut down Branch Avenue from Allentown Road to Woodyard Road.
Scalia involved in fender bender
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia was involved in a minor vehicle accident on the George Washington Parkway on Tuesday morning, according to a court spokeswoman.
Holdup reported on National Mall
A Northern Virginia man was attacked on the National Mall by men with a gun on Monday.
The victim, who wasn’t immediately identified, was pushed to the ground by two gunmen. They attempted to rob him around 5:15 p.m. while he was walking through the small park between the Hirschhorn Museum and the Smithsonian Arts and Industries Building, just blocks from the Smithsonian Castle building, U.S. Park Police spokesman Sgt. David Schlosser said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq