- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Cee Lo singing ‘Thank You’ to firefighters
Question of the Day
Cee Lo Green isn’t forgetting volunteer firefighters.
The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter will record “Thank You,” another rewrite of his hit song known in its PG-rated version as “Forget You.” Procter & Gamble Co.’s Duracell brand is counting on Cee Lo’s help to power up a campaign to donate batteries to volunteer fire departments.
P&G hopes to give 20 million batteries, worth $8 million retail.
Cee Lo has a personal interest. His family credits volunteer firefighters with pulling his mother from a serious car wreck.
While his songs, including the original version of “Forget You,” have featured expletives, Duracell’s marketing director says there should be nothing controversial about Green helping an important cause.
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- DOJ investigates Norfolk parade float critical of Obama
- 'Be a leader' Perry tells Obama to confront border crisis
- Eric Holder on Palin: 'She wasn't a particularly good vice presidential candidate'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- NASCAR TV contract back to NBC in 2015, leaving ESPN, Turner Sports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs