- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
VIEWER’S GUIDE TO THE WEEKEND
Question of the Day
The Nationals are off, but the Orioles open their 2011 season against the defending AL East champion Rays at 7 p.m. on MASN. The Jeremy Guthrie vs. David Price pitching matchup wouldn’t seem to bode well for the O’s as they begin their quest to snap a string of three consecutive last-place finishes, but you’ve got to start somewhere. Closer to home, the Wizards host the Cavs - who will no doubt be riding high after beating the Heat (CSN, 7 p.m.).
The Final Four festivities finally begin in Houston. Will VCU’s magical run continue to the championship game? Find out as the Rams take on last year’s finalist, Butler, in the first game on CBS. They’ll be followed by the more high-profile semi between Kentucky and UConn. Considering the way the tournament has unfolded so far, there’s little reason to expect anything less than two more fantastic games as the Madness winds its way to the finish.
It’s the third game of the season-opening series, but Jordan Zimmermann vs. Tim Hudson is a tantalizing pitching matchup as the Nats and Braves wrap up the weekend (MASN/DC-50, 1:30 p.m.). Zimmermann returned from Tommy John surgery last season, but pitchers typically make a big jump in their second season after the procedure. He’ll face the battle-tested Hudson, who finished fourth in NL Cy Young voting last year.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- HATCH: Destroying the Senate and our liberties
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors